By “Manual”, we mean all the recommended support discussed in the Accessibility main page, in accordance with the W3C guidelines for the visually impaired along with other considerations such as Colour Blindness and Dyslexia.
So what should you choose to adopt especially as we have seen a lot of the plugin features add the support for you? The point to always remember is that your website should provide accessibility for all, the plugin works well for your visitors that have a degree of visibility, however impaired. But not everything to help those using Screen Readers or in a lot of cases users who are able to use both the Screen Reader and Toolbar together.
So Dynamiser recommends that the plugin is always installed. The benefits:
- It is free
- Removes a lot of compromise you may have to make to the aesthetics of your site.
- Some settings such as Skip links are default across all pages.
- Saves development time.
- The toolbar gives a good impression of you and your business even for non-impaired site visitors.
And then, per page, other features should be added manually by Dynamiser to make your site fully compliant for Screen Readers.
- Alt Text
- Title Attributes
- Aria Labels
- Abbreviation texts
- Buttons instead of text based links (even with Aria Landmarks being available and link underline in the toolbar)
- Video captions/transcripts
- Good PDF formats